Kelly Severide is a firefighter and one of the protagonists of Chicago Fire.
Kelly is the commanding lieutenant of Rescue Squad 3.
Kelly Severide and Matthew Casey are coworkers and lieutenants at the fire station. At the beginning of season one, after the death of a close friend, they had some trouble getting along and often butted heads but would come together for the sake of the house. Now, in season 2, they have stopped blaming each other and get along very well. They are often seen putting themselves in danger to protect each other, such as when Kelly went into an unstable burning building to help Casey rescue his fiancée. After Casey was injured in episode 2x10, Kelly was the first to notice that he was not healed. He was very concerned about Casey, asking him numerous times If he was okay and offering help. The two are close friends.
Kelly and Leslie Shay are coworkers, bestfriends, and roommates. Shay has been supplying Severide, as she is a paramedic, with pain medication to help with his neck injury. She also wants him to donate sperm for her to conceive a child. It is suspected that there is a slight attraction towards these two. They have great chemistry, and also have the ship name 'Shaveride'.
Katie Nolan is Kelly's Sister. He first saw her with his father and he thinks she is his new girlfrind, but Kelly's father tells him that she is his daughter. He meets her and tells Katie that he is her older brother. At first, when the two talk Katie thinks Kelly is like their father but she eventually discovers that he is not and begins to trust Kelly. When Katie graduated Cooking School, Kelly was the only member of her family to attended the ceremony. He also organized a party for her at the fire house. The two become close after being attacked in Tonights The Night, Katie moves away and accepts a job at a new restaurant.
- (To Shay): "I didn't touch your yogurt."
- (To Shay): "No offense, I'm not taking advice from you right now."
- (To Shay): "That girl is in serious heat and I'm not Gandhi."
- (To Shay): "I don't trust anyone in this world other than you."
- Severide drives a Black Camaro.
- He is known as the "ladies man" considering the fact that all new coworkers whom are female become attracted to him.
- According to Boden the first 2 years Severide was a candidate he "never looked sideways at the women he was working with".
- His father was on squad with chief Wallace Boden and Henry Mills.
- He cares very dearly for the well being of his squad.
|Season 1 Appearances|
|"Pilot"||"Mon Amour"||"Professional Courtesy"||"One Minute"||"Hanging On"|
|"Rear View Mirror"||"Two Families"||"Leaving the Station"||"It Ain't Easy"||"Merry Christmas, Etc."|
|"God Has Spoken"||"Under the Knife"||"Warm and Dead"||"A Little Taste"||"Nazdarovya!"|
|"Viral"||"Better to Lie"||"Fireworks"||"A Coffin That Small"||"Ambition"|
|"Retaliation Hit"||"Leaders Lead"||"Let Her Go"||"A Hell of a Ride"|